Ahhhh. Well, I haven't written anything in over a month. That's alright. We've been really enjoying life over here. So much is going on & now that Dusty is off for the Summer we are filling our days & playing hard! This seems like it's going to be a catch-up post just so I can record some things that I don't want to forget. I probably should write a separate post for each of these things, but I'm just going to dump it all out now!
1. For a while James was calling Gatorade "Kevin." We couldn't figure why, no matter how many questions we asked or how many times we asked him to explain. We assumed that something would come up in a show he watched or something like that that would explain why. But, oh man, is it cuter/funnier that we thought. I'll explain. (Preface: Dusty thinks it's funny to take big gulps of drinks & say "ahh, tastes like heaven." Can you kind of see where this is going?) We were having some conversations about Heaven with James the other day. During these conversations we realized that James was saying 'Kevin' instead of 'Heaven.' So there it is. While calling Gatorade "Kevin" he was literally saying "Tastes like Heaven." What a funny kid.
2. James is starting preschool in the fall. We decided that it would be really great for him & for us, so we made an appointment last week to check it all out. It seems like a really great fit & he seems really excited. I wanna cry. I can't believe he's old enough for preschool.
3. We have 2 dear friends living with us right now. I've never really lived with girls, so having 2 girls in my basement for a month is so awesome. I'm slightly more sleep deprived than usual because I just wanna hangout & talk all night.
4. We traveled to a Young Life camp in Michigan for leader weekend over memorial day. It was the 1st time we've traveled with both kids (aside from when they were infants). It was an incredible weekend & while super exhausting I was so glad we took the kids. We heard & were reminded of great truth & were very encouraged in both our personal walks with Jesus & our ministry. It was great to spend a weekend with good friends in a secluded place that is beyond gorgeous.
4. James is getting his tonsils out really soon. It breaks my heart to have to put him through surgery, but I know it is needed & will in the end be a great benefit. I know that it is "minor" surgery, but with your baby it all seems major.
5. Dusty & I celebrated 7 years of marriage this week. I cried as a looked through our wedding album. We were just little babies starting our lives together. I'm so thankful for him & the Lord for perfectly bringing us together.
6. Evie is growing so super fast. It's crazy how fast they go from baby to a real walking, talking, thinking, crazy little person. She is super opinionated & very independent. She has to do everything herself & insists on doing everything everyone else does. She has no fear & I'm pretty sure that will get her into some trouble soon.
7. We leave for summer camp in less than a month! Eeeep! I'm so excited for this trip! We're taking over 100 students to Rockbridge in Virginia & I can't wait to see how the Lord works & get to spend a week with some really great girls!
Hopefully I will start writing more often. Having an iPhone & iPad has really killed blogging for me. I can take great pics with my phone & record so many sweet moments on Instagram. But, I would like to spend more time keeping up with what it really going on. Someone remind me every now & then, okay?