Wednesday, October 23, 2013

HOPE SPOKEN

Today I'm linking up to connect with some of you Hope Spoken ladies. 

(Umm hey. I'm super awkward in front of the camera. Proof here.)

Well hello there. I'm Cory. Wife to the greatest man, stay at home mama to 2 littles: 
James (3.5) & Evelyn Grace (almost 2) 
We love Jesus & the ministry of Young Life where we lead at the high school we both graduated from - the same high school where my husband is a teacher. I love to create, drink coffee & thrift. I hate ketchup.

--Something that I'm a little timid or nervous about for the Hope Spoken weekend: I'm lit-er-a-leee so excited that this is a difficult question for me. I mean, it's always a little nerve-racking meeting lots of new people (& meeting online friends in real life) so there's that. Plus, I'm like a mega crier so there is always the chance that I burst into tears at the most random/inappropriate times. But, I think the thing I'm most nervous about would be letting the weekend pass without real reflection & letting it not affect me deeply. I don't want to waste this amazing opportunity to learn, grow & reflect. 

--Something that I am hoping to take away from the weekend: As a stay at home mama & teacher/coach's wife the winter can be long & hard. I am looking forward for a long weekend filled with truth & my besties. I'm excited to learn, grow, connect & be refreshed. 

--Something fun/random about myself: I got married as a baby 20 year old...barefoot. 

If you're heading to the conference, leave a comment & introduce yourself! Can't wait to meet all you girlies in a few months!
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Love what you are timid about -- it is such a great opportunity and would be a shame to let it pass... keeping that in mind for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a TOTAL crier, too! I went to Influence Conference, and I swear, my eyes were tearing up about 60% of the time. We can cry together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to meeting you!!! Excited to "meet" you here!
    My daughter is an Eden Grace... kind of a close name to your sweet girl!
    Heather xoxo
    www.findingbeautyintheordinary.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super excited to meet you! Young life is where my parents met eachother + Jesus.

    Holds a super sweet place in my heart.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm such a crier too... ha! and also married young (19!) loving your blog, nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I hate ketchup too. So much. And ... I met Jesus through Young Life, at club sitting on a garage floor, when I was 16. Love that you are sharing the gospel with that ministry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi. i guess i'm a little excited to meet you. maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay so happy to connect with you there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to meeting you! I have a feeling there will be multiple criers in the group!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you.